Midwifery Lead Unit
Cliftons Projects were appointed to act as Project Managers and Clients Representative for the fit out of a 980m2 Midwifery Lead Unit (MLU) for Chelsea & Westminster Foundation Trust in London.
An MLU offers a halfway house between home and hospital. They offer a relaxed atmosphere, and are well-equipped and staffed by highly skilled midwives. An MLU often offer facilities that aren't available in hospital, such as:
- Comfortable, low-tech birthing rooms.
- A calming interior, with mood lighting and sensory stimuli.
- Labour aids, such as birth balls, padded flooring and birth seats.
- Complementary therapies, such as aromatherapy and massage.
- Accommodation for the family.
- A birth pools
Cliftons Projects were responsible for gathering the user brief, collating an experienced design team and managing the design and construction process to ensure the end users’ expectations were met and delivered.
|Client||Chelsea & Westminster Foundation Trust|