Children's Burns Unit
Cliftons Projects were appointed to act as Project Managers and Clients Representative for the fit out of a new specialist 750m2 Children’s Burns Unit for Chelsea & Westminster Foundation Trust in London.
Chelsea and Westminster has for years co-located their Adult and Children’s Burn Units facilities however due to patient privacy and single sex accommodation legislation a new facility needed to be created.
It was agreed with the Trust that a space could be identified next to the recently completed Chelsea Children’s Hospital on the 1st floor of the main hospital for this paediatric facility.
The brief was simple, provide:
- A child friendly environment
- A calming and safe facility
- 2 single rooms – one to be negative pressure
- 2 twin rooms
- All rooms to have ensuite
- A play area with sensory facilities
- Treatment room
- Bathing room with anaesthetic facilities
- Outpatients facilities with specialist dressing rooms
Cliftons Projects were responsible for gathering the user brief, collating an experienced design team and managing the design and construction process to ensure the end users’ expectations were met and delivered.
|Client||Chelsea & Westminster Foundation Trust|